Sunday, June 8, 2014

Happy Anniversary!

Hi friends,

I realize it has been a long while since my last post. We have been very busy lately with work, school, and travel. I went to the beach for a week and my husband, Joseph, was in Europe for two weeks! He was on a Reformation study tour that went through Germany, France, and Switzerland. I'm so thrilled he was able to see and learn so much while he was there. I only wish I could have been with him.

While he was away, we had our one year wedding anniversary! Hooray! 


We were sad to be apart from each other on that day, but we've been able to celebrate it since his return to the states. My husband is an incredible man, and he makes my heart happy. He is wise, tender, considerate, and a fabulous leader in our marriage. God blessed me richly when he put Joseph by my side. 

In honor of our anniversary, I want to share some of my favorite pictures from our wedding day. Let me tell you, I "pinterest planned" for months, and this day turned out to be everything I had hoped for. Everyone involved just did an amazing job. We wanted it to have a Midsummer Night's Dream or enchanted woodland sort of feel. Our florist did a phenomenal job capturing the ferny, natural look that I wanted. She is a sweetheart too. If you ever need florals in north Georgia, please look up Blue Willow Floral



Our photographer was Kyle Hale. He took photos for my husband's brother and sister-in-law at their wedding, and we were very impressed. He has a great eye and buckets of talent. More like wheelbarrows or mega truckloads of talent. 





We owe the wedding planning and catering to Denise Bluster and Epting Events. My mom would have gone insane without Denise's help. She was a doll. The only thing I wish we had more photos of was our fantastic food...sticking with the enchanted forest theme, we had butternut squash soup, chicken, lamb, and all kinds of yummy sides. Denise's cousin made our wedding cake and the dessert table's pies and tarts, which I hear were delicious (we didn't really get much of a taste!). 







That's my handsome man :)



We were married by Joseph's dad.




I love him so much.




We made these honey favors ourselves. There is a honey farm just a couple miles from my parent's house in Clarkesville, and they found the little bottles for us. We are still eating some of the extras. So. Good. 

My mom and I also made all the signs and menus like the one above by gluing moss on old frames. It was great bonding time.






Our florist really was amazing. I wish you could see the details. 



My mom and I made the centerpieces. If you follow my instagram, you've probably seen these book planters before. We bought tons of old books (mainly readers digest) from thrift stores, and my husband and his friends had been collecting the green bottles for a long time. My mom and I turned the books into succulent pots, and then we found branches in the back yard to spray paint gold. It was very easy, and much cheaper than letting someone else do it. I might put up a DIY for the planters sometime soon. 



Mhmm...dessert! We had a beautiful party to celebrate a beautiful day. I'm thankful for my family, friends, and above all, our God who joined us together. 

This is a short summary video from Remedy Films. It is going to bring me joy year after year :) They captured the day so well. 




Love and peace,
Madi

No comments:

Post a Comment